Hello there! I hope you are staying safe and healthy- while there are lots of uncertainties, crafting can be a great source of relaxation and self-care. Make sure to take some time to take care of yourself and carve out a “me-time” when you are staying indoors.
Today’s blog post and a video tutorial are special in a couple of different ways. First, this is my longest video tutorial yet! I usually try to keep my videos simple and short, but I wanted to share a lot of things with you today, so hope you do not mind! If you want to see more long progress videos, let me know and I am happy to plan those for the future!
The second reason for this blog post being special is because Altenew is celebrating its birthday this week! Altenew turns 6 this month and we are doing some fun blog hops, giveaways, and inspiration sharing. I think it’s a welcome distraction to the current situation that everyone is going through. I am definitely sending you lots and lots of hugs!
This card was truly a relaxing, therapeutic project to work on. It took me a while, I won’t lie, but it was a great way to de-stress and relax. Watercoloring is just so much fun to do and it was a great way to break out my brand-new watercolor pan set and use it along with my new favorite stamp set.
Today’s video tutorial is packed with step-by-step progress and share my way of creating a quick watercolor swatch, it is a long one, so grab a tea or coffee and relax while following me along!
Watch the tutorial below or HERE on Youtube
I started with watercolor swatch – I do this for any new sets so I can understand the color ranges better before working on any projects:
And below are more project photos from today’s tutorial:
I hope you enjoyed today’s video and project!
SHARE YOUR PICKS
What is your FAVORITE Altenew stamp set to watercolor? Share your choice by commenting below and you will automatically be entered into a giveaway!
See below for all the products used in today’s project. Click ATN for Altenew, EH for Ellen Hutson, SSS for Simon Says Stamp, or AMZ for Amazon. I participate in several affiliate programs where I get a small commission at no additional cost to you when products are purchased through links I share here. Thank you for your support!
Enjoy FREE U.S. shipping with code HAPPY6TH or $5 OFF international shipping with code ANNIV20 at checkout. Offer valid from 4/2/2020 at 12:01 am EDT through 4/5/2020 at 11:59 pm EDT. Not valid on prior purchases. Cannot be combined with other promo codes. Shop here: https://altenew.com/
Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 6 lucky winners and one Altenew Academy class to 10 lucky winners. There are also 14 awesome companies/crafty friends who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
- Altenew: 6 $50 Altenew gift certificates
- Altenew Academy: 10 class spots
- Jennifer McGuire Ink: 1 $100 Altenew gift certificate & 5 Share Handmade Kindness goodie bags($20 each)
- My Sweet Petunia: 1 prize bundle(Original MISTI, a set of Creative Corners, a Cut-Align and a bar magnet)
- CiLi in Papers: $100 gift certificate
- Craft Stash: £75 gift certificate
- Amy Tangerine: Your Brightest Year Yet online workshop(valued at $89)
- Online Card Classes: 3 class spots
- Simon Says Stamp: $50 gift certificate
- Scrapbook.com: $50 gift certificate
- Michelle’s Cards & Stamp: $50 gift certificate
- Ellen Hutson LLC: $30 gift certificate
- Butterfly Reflections Ink: $25 gift certificate
- Scrapbook & Cards Today: 1 copy of Scrapbook & Cards Today Spring 2020 issue
- Bumbleberry Papercrafts: £25 gift certificate
- Seven Hills Crafts: £25 gift certificate
I am participating in a fun blog hop to celebrate today’s release! Next stop on the hop is Kelly Griglione! Make sure to stop by and leave some love for her! Please see below for the full blog hop list.