Thank you for joining us for the July Pals Blog Hop to celebrate the 2013-15 In Colors! Are you ready to see wonderful creations made with Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, Baked Brown Sugar and Coastal Cabana? We all love to make these projects, we hope you enjoy viewing them.
You should have just left stop number 9 on the Pals Hop – Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds. If so, you are in the right spot. If you get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
I went out of my comfort zone to try something new – Watercoloring. If you know me well, you know I stayed as far as I could from it. I didn’t want to deal with color mixing and matching. Then, I sad, oh, what the heck, let’s just have some fun… and I did!
Scraps & Stamps TIPS:
– This card not only shows the watercolor technique but also shows heat-embossing resist technique. Make sure to read through the tips!
– Talk about the lovely stamped images! The Damask image is from our brand-new Best of Shelli Stamp Set (#133488) and the sentiment is from the Cuddles & Kisses Stamp Set (W#131913 C#127314). I stamped both images with our Versa Mark Ink Pad (#102283) and heat-embossed with Clear Embossing Powder (#109130).
– On top of the embossed images, I used the Aqua Painters (#103954) to watercolor with our 2013-2015 In colors to color the main part of the card. Those painters were easy to control the intensity of the colors and very easy to use in general. I am going to do a QFQT video on them this Friday so make sure to check in!
– Don’t you just LOVE the vibrant colors in this 2013-2015 In Colors group? With all of our coordinating colors, it was so easy to use them all together, without much hassle in color choosing. I used Crisp Cantaloupe and Strawberry Slush together and used Pistachio Pudding and Coastal Cabana together for the sentiment. Baked Brown Sugar is a card base for this project.
– One more important tip! Make sure to use our Watercolor Paper (#122959) when playing with water. It is think and very durable when the paper meets water and you will never have to worry about ruining the paper!
Thank you for stopping by! The next stop is Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards.com, stop number 11 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting – and I hope to see you next month!
Nicole’s Picks for Today (Click to shop!)
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Lynn Hoyt at cattaildesigns
- Amy Lazzell at Just a Thought…Cards by Amy
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Laurie Chilton at Stampin Ink
- Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
- Linda Callahan at Stampin’ Seasons
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps ———–> You Are HERE!
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards.com
- Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Debbie Mageed at Scrappin’ and Stampin’
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Mikki Sarkisyan at Mikki’s Creative Corner
- Kari Linder at Stampin’ Essentials
- Angie Blake at Angie’s Musings
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Shirley Sumption at Look At My Cute Stuff
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Carmen Sublasky at The Creative Stamptuary
- Colleen Mollema at My Crafty Habit