We can never have enough Thank You cards, right? Today’s card is going to be a great addition to your go-to card stash – it features fun techniques that will make you be hooked right away!
Before we begin: If you are looking for a discount on your SU! products and want to take a test drive, please make sure to join my SCRAPTASTICS! this week! You also get a FREE KIT along with your discounted products when joining my stampin group before August 31st. Make sure to check out this link and join me! (questions? email me: firstname.lastname@example.org)
SCRAPS & STAMPS TIPS:
– The card was inspired by one of the projects from Stampin’ Up! magazines that demonstrators/hobby stampers receive. This magazine is one of my favorite things to read, it is packed with full of techniques and inspirations. I simply took the main cover project and decided to recreate a card in a different way.
– I used a piece of Watercolor Paper (#122959) to be a main canvas for the card. I inked up the Another Thank You Photopolymer Stamp Set (#133454) sentiment in a Versa Mark Ink Pad (#102283) and stamped on the paper.
– Then, I used the White Embossing Powder (#109132) to heat set the sentiment. You are going to love this look when you get your hand on the process – heat embossing is so much fun! The middle part of the sentiment didn’t get stamped on well because of the texture on the watercolor paper, but I think it adds more interest to the card so I decided to leave it as is.
– After the heat embossing, I took our Stampin’ Spritzer (#126185) bottle, filled it up with rubbing alcohol, and added generous amount of Soft Sky Reinker (#131161) drops. You can add less or more depending on the intensity you are going for. Shake the bottle well after adding the drops, and spray on the paper! Watercolor paper is great because it curls much less and using alcohol instead of water also helps. You will soon find out the sentiment pops out because it is resisting the liquid due to the heat embossing. 2 techniques in 1 – awesome project!
– To add more colors, I used a small heart image from the same stamp set and stamped few of the hearts in Wisteria Wonder Ink Pad (#126985). Also added Whisper White Baker’s Twine (#124262) and the Vintage Faceted Designer Button (#127555) on the top.
There you go! I hope you enjoyed today’s project. Make sure to watch today’s video tutorial below!!
PURCHASE THE STAMPIN’ UP! $99 STARTER KIT With EXTRA FREE BONUS! Pick one of four project kits for free in addition to your starter kit when you join my SCRAPTASTICS Stampin’ Group! Ends Saturday, August 31st, 2013.
The first three project kits are from the holiday catalog and the last option is from the annual catalog.
|Option||Kit Description||Item||Total Value|
|1||Build a Banner Simply Created Kit AND
Halloween Banner Simply Created Accessory Kit
|2||Build a Banner Simply Created Kit AND
Christmas Banner Simply Created Accessory Kit
|3||Thankful Tablescape Simply Created Kit||133463||$19.95|
|4||Tag a Bag Bundle AND
Tag a Box Bundle
Comments are closed.