Thank you for joining us for the June Pals Blog Hop and our kickoff to the new catalog! Are you ready to see wonderful creations featuring new products from the 2013-14 Stampin’ Up! catalog? Get ready to update your wishlist!
You should have just left stop number 15 on the Pals Hop – Patti Macleith at Papercrafts by Patti. If so, you are in the right spot. If you get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
If you know me well, I love simple and clean cards. Also, you also know that I am not a huge fan of flowers. But! I am in LOVE with our brand-new stamp set, Regarding Dahlias, from the 2013-2014 catalog. There are tons of great new stamp sets and accesseries and I can’t wait to jump in to creat more projects to share!
– It has been getting so hot in where I leave (we hit 111 degrees the other day!) so I wanted to use some cool feeling colors. I chose Bermuda Bay and Pool Party as main colors.
– The dahlia has been colored with Bermuda Bay in the middle and the outer part of the flower is colored with Pool Party. I went around the whole card to give a frame look with Bermuda Bay marker. All 4 sides have 1/4″ margin from the each edge of the card.
– Instead of stamping the sentiment in black like I usually do, I stamped it with Smoky Slate. It still gives cool feeling but not as strong as black. Don’t you just love the font on the sentiment?
– Simple finishing touch is a KEY to any CAS cards. I added few Basic Jewel Pearls around the sentiment.
– Adding personal touch goes beyond the card itself. Dress up an envelope to go with the card. It is super easy, and I will show you how I do the liner inside of the envelope via video soon. I used our Brights Collection Desginer Paper Pack here.
I hope you enjoyed my simple project today! What is your favorite product from the new catalog? Leave a comment below!!! Thanks for stopping by!
The next stop is Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn, stop number 17 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting – and I hope to see you next month!
Nicole’s Picks for Today (Click to shop!)
- Penny Nichols at Sierra Stampin!
- Linda Callahan at Stampin’ Seasons
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Lynn Hoyt at cattaildesigns
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
- Angie Blake at Angie’s Musings
- Shannon Jaramillo at ezpeasycards.com
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Amy L. Lazzell at Just a Thought…Cards by Amy
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stampin
- Patti Macleith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps —–> You Are HERE!
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards.com
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space